Do you get the most laughs out of this year’s offerings? Here are our hot tips for the hahas..
- Get ready to LOL: it’s the funniest time of the year
- The Melbourne International Comedy Festival – held in March/April every year – is impossible to miss. Everyone’s talking about the shows you have to see; the pink-and-yellow banners line CBD streets; and of course, hoards of audience members gravitate to the Melbourne Town Hall, tickets in hand.
- As the third-largest international comedy festival in the world, MICF boasts more than 400 shows to choose from. This is a month where the world’s best funny people rub shoulders with the country’s hottest emerging talent; and while it’s one of the most exciting times of the year to be a Melburnian, choosing which shows to see can feel overwhelming.
- There are a few ways around this predicament. You could simply rock up at the Town Hall in the evening and check out what’s on for the night, you could ask the festival’s friendly staff for recommendations, or you could keep a close eye on social media (especially Twitter) to see what everyone is raving about.
- For a deeper insight into what it’s really like being funny for a living, check out our interviews with seven comedians as they discuss mental health, self-care and the challenges of the industry.
Venue: Melbourne town hall
Source link: https://www.timeout.com/melbourne/comedy/your-ultimate-guide-to-the-melbourne-international-comedy-festival?cid=email–NEWSLETTER–APAC_AU_MEL_EN_WEEKLY_22-03-2018%20-%20B–1401262559–Mar%2022,%202018–01