As a dual-sector public university, CDU teaches Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses to 21,000 students.
Excellence in Research
- CDU is renowned for its research expertise and leadership in tropical and desert knowledge of the Australian and Asia-Pacific regions. Annual research income is AUD$26 million.
Study Options for International Students
- More than 75 nationally recognised and accredited programs for international students; several Masters and Bachelor programs have industry internships that give students the experience to develop work ready skills in their professions, working with local employers.
- Our Navitas English College teaches English language courses to prepare students for admission to degree programs.
- More than 680 international students from 55 countries study at CDU; making it one of the most culturally diverse universities in Australia.
- Well paid part time jobs are easy to find in the retail and hospitality sector. Students are permitted to work 40 hours per fortnight during semester; full time during university vacations.
- A safe environment and social activities that help international students develop friendshipsin the wider University community.
- As published in the Good Universities Guide 2018, CDU was awarded 5 stars for graduate employment with 82% of graduates in full-time employment.
Employment and Career Opportunities
- The Northern Territory is the fastest growing economy in Australia due to our rich natural and mineral resources, agriculture and tourism. There is a constant high demand for skilled and qualified workers in business, engineering, IT, tourism and hospitality, health, education, communications and the public services sector.